- Arpril 12, 2018 - The policy under Delegation of Authority to Use Login and Password was updated adding tthe following text: No attorney shall knowingly permit, or cause to permit, his or her password to be utilized by anyone other than an authorized employee of his or her office. Foreign attorneys admitted to practice pursuant to Local Civil Rule 83.1 (D) are not authorized users. Violation of these requirements may result in loss of the local attorney’s login and password. Please see List of Changes Made to Electronic Case Filing manual
- March 30, 2017 - Notice to Attorneys re: Interpleader Funds in the Court Registry - Effective April 1, 2017, attorneys are required to use the filing event "Motion to Deposit Interpleader Funds (28 U.S.C. Section 1335)" to electronically file a motion to deposit interpleader funds into the court registry and attorneys are required to use the filing event "Motion for Disbursement of Interpleader Funds (28 U.S.C. Section 1335)" to request disbursement of interpleader funds from the court registry in accordance with the USDC EDVA Local Civil Rule 67.
- September 26, 2016 - Notice to Attorneys: Effective October 3, 2016, attorneys are required to electronically submit civil initiating documents to a shell case and pay the appropriate filing fee via Pay.Gov. Please click here for more information.
- January 7, 2016 - New Local Civil Rule 5 Effective January 11, 2016 and Instructions for the Electronic Filing of Civil Sealed Documents
- CM/ECF classes are not being offered. Online training is available on the ECF Training page of this website. To obtain an ECF Filing Login/Password, please take and pass the online quiz found under E-Filing Registration.
- Redaction of Personal Identifiers
- You will not receive Notices of Electronic Filing (NEFs) from our Court if your e-mail filtering software blocks transmission from our CM/ECF address: email@example.com. We will turn off your electronic noticing until any filter blocking issue is resolved.