United States v. Hasan, et al
Criminal No. 2:10cr56
Jury Trial: November 9, 2010 ( 9:30 a.m.)
Timing and Location
- Please remember that other court proceedings are underway. Quiet, please.
- Jury selection will be at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, November 9, 2010. Due to the uncertainty in how long jury selection will last, the Court cannot determine when opening statements will begin.
- The trial will be held in Courtroom #5 on the 1st floor. The courtroom holds approximately 80 people. Proceedings the first day will begin at 9:30 a.m.
- No assigned/reserved seating will be provided. The courtroom will open at 9:00 a.m. for seating, and people will be seated on first-come, first-served basis. You will be directed to the appropriate courtroom by the Court Security Officers. Seating may be limited during jury selection due to the number of potential jurors being called for this case.
- The courthouse will open at 8:30 a.m. Please remember that it will take some time to proceed through security.
- Reporters are not required to formally register. No special passes will be assigned.
- Sketch artists are allowed.
Entering the Courthouse and Important Security Information
- No cameras, electronic devices, phones, pagers, portable computers, or PDAs are allowed in the courthouse.
- A government-issued photo ID (such as a driver’s license) is required to enter the courthouse.
- No liquids or food may be brought inside the courthouse.
- Court-appropriate attire is expected.
Parking Permits for Media Trucks
Questions pertaining to parking, including parking media trucks around the courthouse, should be directed to Lt. Shawn Squyres with the Norfolk Police Department. Lt. Squyres can be reached at (757) 664-7230.
Parking Near the Courthouse
Information on various parking facilities surrounding the courthouse, including daily parking rates, can be found at http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/locations/nor.htm#directions
To access documents for this case, you must register for PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records). Viewing the case docket sheet and filed documents through PACER costs 8 cents per page, with a maximum charge of $2.40 per document. You can register for PACER online at http://www.pacer.gov/
Daily Proceedings Updates
The Court will attempt to update PACER by 7 p.m. daily in order to provide a brief summary of the day’s proceedings.
For further information, please contact Division Manager, Adrian Glatt at (757) 222-7238. Please leave a detailed message, and your call will be returned as quickly as possible.
Restaurants and Hotels Near the Courthouse
There are a variety of restaurants and hotels in the area in surrounding the courthouse. For more information, please go to http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/locations/nor.htm#restaurants