The following list contains current Standing Orders within the Eastern District of Virginia. If there are further questions regarding the orders listed, please contact the Help Desk for the respective division. Alexandria: 703-299-2101, Richmond: 804-916-2220, or Norfolk/Newport News: 757-222-7201.
- Standing Order In the Matter of the Temporary Sealing of Petitions for Violation of Probation, Supervised Release, or Pretrial Release, Including a Request for an Arrest Warrant.
- Standing Order In The Matter Of The Continued Operation Of The United States District Court During A Lapse In Appropriations
- Deposit and Investment of Registry Funds
- Appointment of ADR Administrator
- Order In the Matter of Requests to Seal Transportation Orders Directing the Movement of Prisoners
- Plan for the Random Selection of Grand and Petit Jurors
- Order Revising Forfeiture of Collateral List
- Court Reporter Management Plan
- Criminal Justice Act Plan for the Eastern District of Virginia / CJA Committee Appointment Order
Norfolk and Newport News Divisions:
- Order in the Matter of Consent to United States Magistrate Judge Jurisdiction in Social Security Appeals
- Order in the Matter of the Scheduling of Return Dates of Garnishments Before Magistrate Judge David J. Novak
- Revised Order in the Matter of Oral Argument in Social Security Appeals Before Magistrate Judge David J. Novak
- Order - In The Matter of Relevant Law in Social Security Appeals Before Magistrate Judge Novak